Details about the Pediatrics Clerkship can be found in the Pediatrics Clerkship Survival Guide.
To hear first hand about this core clerkship from prior students, watch their feedback here.
- A binder for the rotation will be provided on the first day of your orientation.
- Health Sciences Library: Students have 24-hour access 7 days per week to the IMMC Health Sciences library. A UnityPoint - Des Moines picture ID badge will be needed for after-hours entry. Internet and photocopying are available. Students may call the Health Sciences librarians for assistance at 515-241-6490.
- The Clinical Pediatrics web site on ICON has links to numerous pediatric electronic references.
- Morning Report: Monday and Wednesday mornings from 7:30 - 8:00 am in Hill Auditorium, BCH 1
- Pediatric Grand Rounds: Friday from 12:15-1:15pm in Hill Auditorium, BCH 1 (September through June).
- Pediatric Noon Conference: 12:15 - 1:00 pm Monday through Friday in Bierring Dining Room off of the Iowa Methodist Medical Center (IMMC) main cafeteria. See monthly schedule for more detailed information.
- Student Conference: Tuesday afternoons from 1:30 - 4:30 pm in Fisk Library on BCH 5.
- Students should look on the ICON website for an explanation of the pediatric clerkship evaluation policy. This will be reviewed and further discussed during clerkship orientation.
- Students should look on the ICON website for an explanation of the grading breakdown. This will be reviewed and further discussed during clerkship orientation.
Housing & Parking: This link provides information regarding housing at the InnTowner and associated parking.
Office of Student Affairs and Curriculum (OSAC)